Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Project 365 - January 6, 2021

Shreds


Last week I spent hours and hours in the garage cleaning out a file cabinet. Not very interesting, I know. However, I found decades of papers that I don’t have a clue why I saved them. 

My goal as I think I have already said, is to get rid of that file cabinet. But before I do, I needed to touch each piece of paper and decide, “garbage, scan, shred, keep.”  There was one more choice, mail to someone in case they might want it. But that didn’t happen much. 

Most of the papers were old bills, medical records and brochures from places where I have traveled. 

The process was methodical, tedious and slow. But when I was done with the two drawers I felt quite accomplished. Since I scanned most of the papers that seemed important, the next task was to shred. And I had to stop many time’s because either the shredder had to be dumped or it overheated. 

I decided to use this as my topic for Project 365 because it was an important step in minimizing my life and letting go of things I really don’t need. 

No comments: