Sunday, January 31, 2021

Project 365 - January 31, 2021

Last Day of the Month


Sundays are always poignant for me. Yes, I get up early. Yes, I do my morning walk with Greg. Yes, I get lovely greetings from the Vishnu dog down the block.

But Sunday always signals the time to prepare for the upcoming week. I used to go shopping on Sundays with Joel. He would make a trip to Walmart and Publix, an adventure. And once home, we would figure out what we wanted for dinner and the house would usually smell like some Italian dish while we curled up on the couch and watched TV. 

Now, I am creating my own path for Sundays. If I didn’t work on Saturday, I try to get the chores like laundry and house cleaning done so that Sundays are my own.

Yes, Sundays still involve shopping and cooking. But more time is spent outside or playing with photography or a bigger project like emptying out a giant file cabinet and shredding and scanning stuff.  

For me, busy is the key. And making lists for myself so that I don’t forget what I wanted to accomplish. 

And, a nap is always in store for me. Even if it is right after breakfast!  

Back to photography ... I love this image because of the rays of sunlight that are streaking across the old golf course that is in the shadows. I cropped the light poles out this time, but you may still see the electrical lines. Today brought more clouds to the sunrise because the humidity levels have increased a bit. But the clouds lend themselves to this morning’s image

No comments: