Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Project 365 - January 5, 2021

Crispy


Every morning I make my way down the stairs, very carefully because Newt weaves through my feet and I don’t want to trip over him. He wants my attention so that I will feed him. 

I walk through the living room and pull open the drapes so that I can have a full view of the back patio and hill outside the house. It makes it feel like the living room is larger. 

This morning, instead of heading to the kitchen for my cup of coffee, I was distracted by the cool, clear, crispy looking sky. So I opened the sliding glass door and stepped outside. 

What a lovely feeling to have that blast of cool air wash over my skin. I admit, I was a little chilly. I am no longer that hardy New Yorker after 43 years of living in the sub-tropics.  I enjoy the warmth of South Florida. But once in a while I do love to feel that cool air. 

So I started looking at the colors of the sun hitting the trees and the deep blue of the cloudless sky. And then as I started snapping, one of the anhinga birds flew into my frame. I love when happy accidents happen. 

And so, I started my Tuesday, happy that I enjoyed a bit of nature before settling into my day’s work.  


No comments: