Sunday, January 3, 2021

Project 365 - January 3, 2021

 And the Holidays Come to an End

After my morning walk, I was inspired to start taking down the Christmas decorations. I began outside with the lights. After I felt that they were sufficiently packed and ready to be stored in the attic, I had a quick breakfast and watched Sunday Today with Willie Geist and then tackled the decorations in the living room. I gathered everything onto the dining room table before taking the same care in storing these gems for another year. That is when Newt decided that he needed to be part of the action.

Throughout the holiday season, Newt continuously knocked decorations off the tree, off the counters, and under the couch.  In the middle of the night, I could hear him batting the ornaments here and there like he was playing hockey. 

But this very last moment, he looked into my lens almost begging me to leave the decorations around just a bit longer. 

Luckily, cats don't have very long memories. Later in the afternoon, I found him snoozing on the sun-drenched dining room table. 

And so, the holidays have come to an end in the Leshinsky household.

No comments: