Saturday, January 30, 2021

Project 365 - January 30, 2021

Breath of Fresh Air


There is nothing like February in Florida.  It is the best of both worlds.  The mornings are a bit crispy with low humidity and temperatures ranging from 55 to 65. But, later in the day,  the sun warms the ground and the air and although the humidity is still low, shorts and tee shirts are perfect. In the shade, you might still feel cool, but in the sun you warm up quickly.

Today was that perfect mix of cool and warm and I started my day at 6 am. I stayed in bed until about 6:30 just scrolling through emails and news of the day.  I indulged in my guilty pleasure of playing Words with Friends. And then I finally got up, leaving Gracie still in bed under the covers. 

Last night I slept in my yoga clothes so all I needed was my sneakers  I also layered a thermal shirt with a sweatshirt because it was a bit cool for me. Then at 7 am, I met my friend, Greg in front of our houses and off we went through our neighborhood.

We are usually totally engrossed in conversation for the entire 1.5-mile walk. But I am always conscious of photo opportunities.  In the mornings, I don't take the Nikon, instead, I opt for the iPhone. 

Sometimes the phone captures the images better than I could do it on manual on Nikon.  But I do like the challenge of getting the ISO, shutter speed, and aperture correctly. Not to mention the focusing.

As Greg and I were on the way home, the sun was just about to peek up over the treeline, and this is the image that I made. I used a bit of Photoshop but only to fix the levels in CMYK and then transferred back to RGB.

No comments: