Monday, May 5, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - May 3, 2008

So, I went to a photography workshop today. It was all about photographing flowers and using a macro lens. One of my colleagues sent me a link about the workshop. It took place in Miami Beach and I needed to figure out how to get Adina to and from a Bar Mitzvah in Weston (which is way, way out west near the Everglades!).

I had to be at the workshop by 10 am. We spent an hour and a half in the classroom and then he turned us loose! The workshop took place at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens. It is a very cool place plopped in the center of a very urban area across the street from the Miami Beach Convention Center and about a block away from the Jackie Gleason Theater.

So for 2 hours I was bending and crouching and crawling in the dirt. I had a blast. No one interrupted me and no one told me that I had be somewhere or do something and I was completely absorbed in shutter speeds and histograms and aperture openings and backlighting.

These are just a few photos from my hundreds! Hope that you enjoy.





1 comment:

Sue Pea said...

You did a remarkable job. I especially liked the last few pictures on your Kodak Gallery slide show from the Holocaust Museum. I think my fave was the one with the reflections of the hand statue in the water. Excellent shot!

You might want to look into Flickr as a place to store and share your photos instead of Kodak. There is so much more you can do on Flickr. I have a Flickr site and I'm really enjoying it. You can see it if you click on the FLickr photos on the side bar of my blog.

Again, great work. I think they are the best stuff you have shot so far. Keep it up!