Sunday, May 18, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - May 18, 2008

So this morning was the last day of Hebrew School . . . ever. Actually that is what I thought. Last Wednesday was the last day! And, to make it even worse . . . Joel had dropped Adina and left her and he didn't have his cell phone with him. So Adina called me and I was still in PJs and watching TV so I threw on whatever was nearest and ran out the door to pick her up. Then I decided that we deserved a bagel and coffee (well, hot chocolate for Adina . . . yeah, I know it was 95 degrees today, but she likes the stuff!!). We went to this brand new Dunkin Donuts that has the most interesting decor! They have white vinyl couches with faux suede throw pillows . . . a throw back from the late 60s. Then they have these red swivel chairs that look like bagels or donuts to me.
























Here is Adina enjoying her everything bagel.



Don't Adina's eyes just melt your heart? The morning light was perfect to catch the clear blue of her eyes.
























Just loved the black and white photo on the wall of the cars that look like the 1940s to me and the light fixture that looks like it just stepped out the Mary Tyler Moore show!
























Check out my silly girl's socks. They NEVER match. I liked the mischevious look in her eyes in this photo.
























I had to take a long shot of this scene so that you can see all the different decades mixed up in the decor with the personal TV screens in front of each person's chair! I think it is a bit much and besides it is only on one channel and it was in Spanish so that is why we chose to sit on the couch and cushy chair!



Later in the day Rachel was sitting on the couch waiting for her girlfriend to come over. The light was just right on her hair which reminded me of a photo I took of her when she was about seven. I made her stand still so that I could run inside to grab my camera while Joel was waiting in the car yelling at me to hurry up. It was worth it! This time, no one was yelling at me and I snapped away at my leisure.
























Another one, so you can see the concentration on her face. She was trying to play the solo in Stairway to Heaven!
























And later in the day still . . . a lizard dared to come into the house and Newton took care of the little guy. Needless to say, he didn't make it out! Sorry about that.

No comments: