Sunday, May 18, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - May 16, 2008

Friday was a busy day . . . so I thought. I had to be at Nova Southeastern University for a kick off event for BAMM or Broward Attractions and Museums Month. Since the college is five minutes from the girls' school, I drove them, dropped them, ran over to get gas (since Rachel so thoughtfully left it on empty for Mommy to fill it up). Then I headed over to NSU for the event. When I got there no one knew what I was talking about and when I called one of my colleagues I realized that the event (which had several different dates already) had been moved to next week! So while I was there, I took a few photos of the Dale Chihuly artwork that is in the Alvin Sherman Library . . . that is until the security guard asked me to stop! However, I asked permission first and they said yes! Oh well. I did get a couple anyway.





























































This last photo was taken at the Encore Awards which took place at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. The awards honor the people, businesses and organizations that have given outstanding service to the arts. The flower is a King Protea and is native to South Africa. There was one on each table as a centerpiece. I think it was very different and very simple! I moved this one to a location where there was sunlight streaming in the window to get the effect I was looking for.

No comments: