Sunday, May 11, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - May 11, 2008

I rolled out of bed at 7:45 a.m. I was going to make a pot of coffee and curl up on the couch but when I looked outside and saw crystal blue skies, I threw on my shorts and pulled my hair off my neck into a ponytail and headed out with my camera. Joel was busy with the Mother's Day Brunch at the hotel and the girls were fast asleep.

As I headed out I really didn't know what I was looking for, but somehow the photos always come to me.



This pretty flower was in my own front yard. By 4 pm this flower will be wilted from the 96 degree heat of the day. But at 8 am it was still fresh and perky looking. I liked the early morning blue light on the already bluish purple of the flower.



Also on my street I found this hungry squirrel high above my head munching very noisily on this nut. He stopped briefly to watch me but realized I wasn't a threat and kept on eating. I like the way the tree branches frame this shot.



This lizard was sunning himself in the very hot sun on the bark of this tree. He was trying to attract insects so that he could have his morning meal.













As I headed down to the lake I saw a sea of dragon flies. This one was perching delicately on the tip of a piece of grass. The wind was blowing him around but he hung on for dear life.



These two birds looked like they were talking to each other. I still call these the "monkey birds" because of the sounds that they make. There are many, many nests in this tree and I visit them on my daily walks to see how they are doing.



This little character was barking "ferociously" at me! His owner was right there with two other dogs. But I loved this shot because he was checking me out, walking around me cautiously and at this moment had just peeked around the edge of a stop sign as I snapped this. It looked like he was trying to ask me a question.



This last shot is my favorite. I had decided to stop at my Dad's house to say hello but before I rang the bell I noticed that there were these HUGE water droplets on the flowers and I put the magnifying lens on my macro so I could get extra close. I took a bunch of these, but this is the best.

No comments: