Monday, May 12, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - May 11, 2008

Some days you just get lucky! When I came home from work I did my new ritual of putting away my work clothes and pulling on shorts and a tank and got my camera out. My sweet family bought me a new lens for Mother's Day! It is a Nikkor 55 - 200 mm lens that auto focuses. I was so excited last night but it was too late to play with it.



There were a sea of dragonflies all around me. They were feeding on the thousands of "no see-ums." Thank goodness because they weren't bothering me. This one was hanging on for dear life because there was a strong breeze off of the lake.



I couldn't believe that I saw this hawk. It was in the tree right behind our neighbor, Ronnie's house. I snapped a series of these. I didn't have time to play with the settings, so I lightened this up in Photoshop. I was so amazed at the beauty in this hawk. Then he flew away and was chasing one of the other birds that I took photos of later.



I call this photo, "Getting Your Ducks in a Row"



This was one of the birds that the hawk was chasing. I couldn't get them both in the frame however.



And in this tree there must be about 15 - 20 nests! I love this photo because you can see nature at work here. The one bird has his mouth opened and the bird that is sitting in the nest has his beak inside of that bird's mouth! The third bird looks like he is waiting his turn for dinner.

No comments: