Sunday, May 25, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - May 23, 2008

Thursday Rachel had to work at the Museum of Discovery and Science. There was a special event for families to come and see the new exhibit on frogs and a new IMAX film about the weird phenomenon off the coast of Eastern Africa about sardines that come onto the shores with the cold currents of winter. There are actually so many sardines that from the air looking down (which they LOVE to do in 3D IMAX films so that you can get a little queasy) it looks like an oil slick! They are so thick that it looks completely black.

Well, I couldn't take my camera into the museum and I didn't want to get asked to put my cell phone away so I didn't even try to take photos in the traveling exhibit, however, I managed to snap this one photo of a really, really HUGE lobster. It is hard to tell how big it is from this photo, but it would feed many people!

I met the girls at the museum at 5 p.m. It was a really, really hot and humid afternoon and it looked like it was going to pour at any second as I was walking down the block from my office to the museum. By the time I got to the museum I was sweating like a pig and my nice straight hair was flying in all different directions, so of course, I ended up pulling it all up in a ponytail.

Rachel and her girlfriend, Pearl, had to work (Rachel with the frog shaped cookies and green frosting and M&Ms as eyes and Pearl with the frog Origami). Adina and I walked around the museum until the film started and then we walked around until the girls were finished working. It had rained while we were in the museum and had stopped when we were leaving so we decided to get tacos at my favorite place before we got back in the car to go home. It turned out to be a very nice evening . . . a girls night out . . . we didn't get home until 10:30 p.m. and I had to go to work the next day, but that was really okay, because I went straight to sleep.

No comments: