Saturday, March 8, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - March 7, 2008

I was feeling my motivation again. For a few days, I was slowing down. Perhaps it was the weather. It was dark and dreary and I just didn't have any inspirational moments. But today I started the morning by pulling out the camera while I waited for Robert. I was outside at 6:50 a.m. so I had about ten minutes. It is amazing how many shots you can squeeze off in a short amount of time! The first shot is an air plant that has attached itself to a very small Palm tree outside my house. I love the textures and I love to get as close as possible so that the background is nice and blurry. In the second shot I got as close as I dared to a very large spider that has been living out in front of our house for months. It has very interesting coloring and you can see some of the insects that he has captured in his web.

























At around 9:30 a.m. the annual window washers were cleaning our windows. We are on the 6th floor of a very large public building in downtown Fort Lauderdale. I really don't know how these guys do their job without fear of falling to their death. They swing back and forth really fast swiping the windows first with a soapy mixture and then with a squeegee. I took about a hundred photos, but I liked this one the best because you can see my desk and the other office buildings across Broward Blvd. It gives you perspective of the dangerous job that they do.



After work we went out for dinner at Fridays. We really had a very nice family evening and everyone was in a great mood. I even got Joel to smile at me. There is one photo of me peeking over my coffee cup. Joel snapped that photo. I loved the furnishings of the restaurant and shot tons and tons of photos with my telephoto lens. Since it isn't an auto focus lens, I have to work really hard at focusing, especially in a darkened restaurant.




No comments: