Friday, February 29, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - February 28, 2008

I had a very long and complicated day at work. It was meeting after meeting. My head was overflowing with information and I just couldn't think anymore by 4 p.m. My trolley arrives at 4:30 so I usually pack it all in at 4:15 p.m. So I packed up at 4 p.m. and went out into gallery six to look at the new exhibit of quilts. These quilts are truly amazing. I heard the artist talking (while she was hanging the exhibit) and she said that it takes her one year to create each quilt. Each one is a artwork . . . a masterpiece. I took tons of photos, some far away and some close up. Here are the results. It was a great way to end my workday. Too bad that afterglow didn't last, however that is for another day.





2 comments:

Sue Pea said...

I love those quilts. My mom is still quilting despite her Parkinson's. She's been quilting for years now and even won an award and had a quilt displayed in New York once.

I was disappointed that when we were at the Orchid exhibit in DC, the quilt area was not open at the time. I bet those quilts were something to see.

Jody Leshinsky said...

The quilts will be up for a month! They are really beautiful. The lady that is the artist who created them was hanging them the other day and she is QUITE a character! She was yelling at everyone! But such is the life of an artist!! We work with many of them.