Sunday, April 27, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - April 25, 2008

Today I didn't take my camera to work. I get so busy now that I can't even think straight. I have to block out an hour here and there just to read emails where before I could spend my entire day just communicating via email. So needless to say, I didn't have much time to take photos so I wandered around our bedroom to look deeper.



This first photo is a close up of my lava lamp. It looks a lot different in person, but I really liked the way it looked after I played with Photoshop!



This photo is very special to me. The bird belonged to my birth father, Harold Schain. He bought this canary for my Mom when they were both first married. That would have been around 1947. When the bird died he had it stuffed and then placed under this glass case. I could have taken the cover off, but this is the way I always remembered it sitting in the hallway in my grandparents house. There was this alcove near the back bedroom which was really more of a den where I watched TV on this HUGE piece of furniture that had a screen the size of a small toaster. Well, the bird now sits on top of my dresser next to my bed. I don't want anything to disturb it because it really is quite fragile.




And there he is again, Newton being cute. He really isn't trying to eat the fish, he is just having a nice long drink of water because the top of the fish tank came off and fell behind the dresser and we haven't reached down behind there yet to pick it up.

No comments: