Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - April 19, 2008

Saturday was a busy day. I started out early at the gym. Rachel had an AP practice test and Joel dropped me at the gym. I had a very nice workout, although I missed having Rachel with me. Adina, well, she was still sleeping! Later we all met back at the house and re-grouped. I was in the middle of cleaning toilets and sweeping floors and I had just left a few rolls of toilet paper on the stairs so that the next time I went upstairs I would restock the bathrooms. Well, Newton decided that I had left him the best toy in the world! I came up the stairs from the living room to find Newton just about to pounce on an unexpecting Grace. Poor Grace. If I had been able to keep shooting with flash i would have caught Newton ON Grace's back. They made a lot of noise and took off up the stairs.



This was the aftermath!



Rachel and I headed down to my office and we worked for five hours packing up my stuff . . . twenty years of stuff to be exact . . . and moved it into my new office. We were crawling around on the floor unplugging and plugging in electronic equipment. I threw away many, many things that have long been scanned into the computers. I delegated items away. This photo shows me sitting, finally, in my new chair, totally and completely exhausted and sweaty and in desperate need of a shower. To my left is a HUGE cement support in the middle of my office, but it is fine. It separates the work section from the "meeting" area.



This is my conference table. I have two windows since it is a corner office and it does get rather warm in there, but I have lots of fans and there are shades that I can pull down. It is a very different feeling in here than in my other office because it is real office furniture as opposed to the modular stuff that I have lived with for the past 20 years.



And what would my office be without my family photos and plants?

No comments: