Saturday, April 12, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - April 12, 2008

I started my day at 5 a.m. I just woke up and couldn't sleep. I really did try to go back to sleep. I must have snoozed a bit but then I got up and made a pot of coffee for Rachel and me. Rachel had to go to take her ACT test. She already took her SAT test but she wanted to take the ACT too. Once she left the house I put on my workout clothes and instead of going to the gym, I took a walk around the neighborhood. I mixed walking with running today to see how long my endurance would be. Then I came home and grabbed my camera and went back out for another walk but this time to take photos. The weather was warm and the sun was really bright with only a few clouds. I decided to play with close up photography today. My graphic designer let me borrow some magnifying filters which were fun. I was able to get right up close to a spider, many flowers and I actually went inside of one flower. Rather than talk about each photo, I am just going to leave it here and let you enjoy my findings. Let me know which one you like the best. Just for the record, as I was walking, I saw the photo of Jackie Gleason and President Nixon posted near the guard gate. I remember when Jackie Gleason lived here and would tool around in his golf card that had a Cadillac grille in the front! Also, I posted the photo of the moving van because our dear friends, Larry and Joan, are moving back to New Jersey so that their three sons can care for them. They have reached a point in their life where they need assistance and they are selling their home. Two of their sons were here cleaning out the house. I found it very sad and depressing, but I chatted with them for a short while and hugged them goodbye. I was outside for a good three hours and I am totally exhausted and heading off to sleep.















1 comment:

Sue Pea said...

Nice shooting today. Love the macro stuff. I've always loved those close-up shots. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Keep up the great work!