Thursday, December 31, 2009

Project 365 - December 23, 2009

Seasons of Love



I took Adina to Miami Beach to see the show Rent! One of my favorites, not THE favorite, that would be Wicked, but it is the next favorite! This is my third, maybe fourth time seeing the show. Also saw the movie several times as well.

Can you tell that Adina was just a little bit excited? And to top it all off, Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal were in the show, they are the original cast members from Broadway if you aren't a Broadway geek like the Leshinskys!

It was a school night and a very busy week for me, but it was worth going down to the renovated Jackie Gleason theater which is now call the Fillmore. They ripped out the cushy theater chairs and put in folding chairs to make it feel like a black box theater. I like the feel of it. It was definitely a sell out crowd.

We didn't get home until well past midnight and I had to be up at 6 a.m. But it was so worth it. Just look at Adina's face! How often do you get to see a 14 year old smile?

By the way, I have to give photo credit to Mary Damiano! Thanks Mary.

No comments: