Thursday, June 5, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - May 31, 2008

Since Joel and my anniversary is June 1, we decided to go to a fancy-schmancy hotel for one night. Of course, I had won a contest back in November of 2007 and it was a one-night stay at the Pier 66 Hyatt Regency in Fort Lauderdale, complete with two spa treatments, dinner and wine for two and a luxurious hotel suite!

It truly was a special occasion. Not only was I pampered with an hour-long facial, but that was followed by an hour-long Swedish massage!! I, of course had to complete the spa treatment with the sauna and a stinging shower. Then I met Joel at the pool where we just sat, had a beer and people-watched!

Later that evening the Executive Chef of the hotel AND the food and beverage manager came to our suite (and it was quite a suite complete with a separate bedroom, a kitchen, a dining room with a table that sat about 12, a living room with chairs, couches, tables, flat screen TV, two Lanais and a separate bathroom with marble tile and a double shower head.

So they came to our suite with tons of cooking equipment and went out on the Lanai and cooked us a seven course meal! Each course had its own bottle of wine -- Champagne, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Malbec, and on and on!! Needless to say, the alcohol went to my brain, but I remember every detail. The food was wonderful, but if you watch shows like "Top Chef" you realize that each course is almost thimble-sized. I was wondering if I would get full, but I did!!

These photos were taken on the property of the hotel.


Joel and I went up to the top floor of Pier 66 to see if we could see the Space Shuttle take off. We couldn't but the views were magnificent of the Port, of the beach and of stuff in general. This is a view of the famous pointed roof of the tower.



I am sure that on the ground this boat was large but from up high it looked like a toy to me.



And I am a sucker for the deep blue sky when we have it. Now that we are headed into the heat and humidity of the summer, the sky usually changes to a lighter blue and usually lots of clouds. But this day was perfectly clear and not too hot. This was the roof of the building where our suite was in.

If you want to see more photos from our weekend, you can click here.

No comments: