Thursday, November 11, 2021

Project 365 - November 7, 2021

Connections


Today I participated in a guided walk at Morikami.  Not only was our guide a yoga instructor, but she was also a major donor to the Museum and she also lost her husband recently. This was a bit of a different walk than I have taken before. 

We still stopped at all of the prescribed landmarks and discussed how connections played a part in each landmark and in our feelings about our pasts and our futures.  Our guide also had us do yoga breathing and showed us how to calm ourselves if we are in a stressful situation. She also read poetry to us and shared personal stories.

I was very interested in what she had to tell us.

The weather was spectacular with low humidity and crystal clear skies. I ended up staying longer than usual and sat on the steps overlooking the lake as I wrote in my journal. 

Then I walked back on the trail and took these images. And then this guy took my photo and sent it to me later!  It was a fun ending to my adventure. 










No comments: