Friday, February 19, 2021

Project 365 - February 19, 2021


A Touch of Spring


Shopping at Aldi’s has its benefits. As I was standing on line at the checkout counter waiting g to load my purchases on the conveyor belt, I looked at the shelf in front of me — you know the impulse items area?!

I found this beautifully growing bulb that immediately reminded me of those early spring days.  There would be wisps of melted snow left on the grass and on the wooden rails of Sam Goody’s house.  Pushing up from the hard-packed earth along the finely manicured lawns would be these tiny, green leaves and minuscule buds that later in the season would burst open with lovely shades of links and lavender and emitting sweet and fragrant aromas.

So, of course I grabbed one of these hyacinth bulbs in the glass container so I can not only watch the plant mater, but I can also observe the roots as they grow.

You can expect to see many images of this subject as it progresses.  

Hopefully my cats will not help themselves to a snack!!





No comments: