Monday, February 15, 2021

Project 365 - February 12, 2021

Morning Walks

I have been going on my morning walks for about four years now.  Ever since I retired from my Broward County job, had begun to walk for exercise.  At first, I tried doing Yoga each morning. I really enjoyed that, but I knew that I needed more exercise because my doctor told me that I had full-blown osteoporosis. That was quite a shock to learn. I thought, only old people had that. But then I realized that perhaps, I was also in that aging category.

Whenever something presents a challenge for me, I try to turn it around and see that it is an opportunity. And this was an opportunity to use my photography skills.  I have many, many more photographs than I have shared on this blog, and I have them saved on my external hard drives and cloud-based storage locations. In addition, I have printed some of these images and exhibited them in my house or turned them into a set of holiday or thank you cards.

But then, when my friend and I were talking over the Christmas holiday break, we both decided that we needed the challenge of posting on our Project 365 blogs. So far, I have kept up my end of the bargain, but I know that I need to venture out beyond only my morning walks.  But since the pandemic, I only venture out for specific purposes -- work or food shopping.  

I am sure that I will get a bit more adventurous, but for now, my own neighborhood continues to provide fascination for me. On Friday morning, I chose this beautiful bougainvillea as one of my subjects.  This bush is larger than me and has such beautiful blossoms. My fascination is in the details of the tiny, yellow flowers that are really the flowers for this plant. The surrounding, brilliantly colored parts of the plant are leaves that serve to attract pollinators.

My other image for today is my fascination with South Florida sunrises. I love when I not only capture the elegant colors of the early morning but also gain the added bonus of mist on the former golf course.




No comments: