Saturday, July 20, 2013

Photo of the Day - June 10, 2013

A Day at the Beach

After two months of stress and two weeks of rain, I felt that I needed a day alone at the beach.  I have quite a few vacation days so I decided to use one for myself. 

Adina was working at the JCC, Rachel was in Indiana attending a wedding and Joel was busy designing ads for a freelance job.

When I checked the weather and found out that it would be a bright and sunny day, I emailed work and said that I would be out (I had already told them the previous week too!).  I packed up my chair that has an
umbrella.  I packed a small cooler with yogurt, fruit, water and other snacks.  I tucked my book into my bag along with lots of sunscreen and I was off to my favorite spot at the end of Commercial Blvd.

I couldn't have picked a better day.  There was a breeze, the water was warm and very few people.  By the time that I was ready to leave the beach, my inner calm had once again returned.  Something about soaking in salt water and feeling the sun on my skin brings me back to my roots and grounds me.

No comments: