Saturday, July 20, 2013

Photo of the Day - July 5, 2013

Rainy Day in Fort Myers

Joel and I took a long weekend trip over to Fort Myers while the girls went up to Orlando to Universal Studios.  Both of us wanted a weekend where we did absolutely nothing.  So we got our wish!

I drove across Alligator Alley and about 20 minutes into the drive, torrential rains greeted us like a wall of water.  It was very scary driving across the alley but I kept the car in front of me in
my site, we drove about 40 mph and I cranked up the music while Joel snoozed.

The rains continued for most of the weekend, with an occasional break in the clouds.  That is when I took the opportunity to pull on my workout clothes and take a 2.5 mile run around the property where we were staying.

During the rains I sat on the screened in porch on one of the most comfortable chaise lounges I
have ever sat on, with a sweet smelling candle burning, watching the wildlife and reading a book.

This blue heron was fishing in the rain and he let me take these photos of him as he tolerated me.  I tried to be as quiet as possible and he got fairly close to me.  But, as with all wildlife, he wandered away in search for his dinner.

No comments: