Sunday, July 28, 2013

Photo of the Day - July 28, 2013

12 Days and Counting

The Leshinsky sisters seemed to have grown closer than I have ever seen them.  The realization that Adina is leaving in 12 days and that Rachel is staying is starting to hit them.

The girls have done EVERYTHING together for the past few weeks.  I have not heard one argument, disagreement or raised voice.  It is a bit spooky, but kind of nice to see them get along so well.

Over the past 18 years, the girls have certainly gotten along, but there was always some underlying tension.  Whether it was a sisterly competition for attention, the one who has to be right or the one that has the last word, there was always something.  But this summer that has melted away.

Today the girls went to Forever 21 and sort of hinted that they didn't want mom along, which was fine with me since shopping is the last thing in the world that I enjoy doing.  When the came back, they each had to show me their items that they bought.  Then they retreated to Rachel's room to watch a movie and do art.  I am savoring each of these tender moments.  And of course, when I interrupt with my camera, they whine and tell me to leave them alone, so I only took this one image.  It is good enough for me today!

No comments: