Monday, August 29, 2011

Photo of the Day - August 27, 2011

A Quick Trip to Michigan

My cousin's son Bar Mitzvah was this past Saturday, so I flew up to represent the entire Leshinsky family and my dad.  

This was the first time in many, many years that I have been with this side of the family.  My mom used to be the glue that kept us all in touch with each other's lives.  Since she left us, there has been a communication void.  Yes, some of us talk and see each other, but not everyone.  That just happens in a big family when they move around and live in different parts of the U.S.

So it was refreshing to be with these people who I used to spend many hours with in New York.  It was also a lot of fun to see the "babies" all grown up with children of their own!

However on Saturday afternoon, my cousin asked if we would like to take a walking tour of Cranbrook.  This is a private school, but really no ordinary private school  It is on about 300 acres of thickly wooded land including tons of paths that roll up and down gentle hills.  There are beautiful, architectural details on the school buildings.  Some of them look like they were influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright.  You can click here to read more about the houses and gardens.

These are the images that I took on our three-hour walk.  Oh, did I mention that the weather was picture perfect and in the 70s with very little humidity.  A dream afternoon for a South Floridian!













No comments: