Sunday, February 7, 2010

Project 365 - February 6, 2010

Homework -- Slow Shutter Speeds in Failing Light

So the task was to meet at the Deerfield Beach pier at 4:30 p.m. on a Saturday night. At first I wasn't going to go because Joel and I were invited to a surprise 60th birthday party for our friend and I had to be there at 7 p.m. But I worked it out! I was done by 6 p.m. and raced to downtown Fort Lauderdale and changed my clothes in the staff bathroom of Cinema Paradiso (sorry guys, I got sand all over the floor in there) and did make it to the party at the Tower Club (28th floor of a bank building in downtown Fort Lauderdale) by 7:30 p.m.

But I digress . . .

The weather was perfect. Clear skies, no humidity, 75 degrees, a bit windy, but that made for better surf. We crawled around on the sand and took miscellaneous photos not related to the actual assignment, and then as the sun started to set we went to town on the rocks!

I am deathly afraid of heights so my teacher pulled me up to the top. I was afraid to look down until I sat down. I got some good ones up there, but my favorite is the very last one that I took, camera on tripod, ocean washing over my sneakers, pinks and purples in the water and rocks as my frame to the image.

Hope you enjoy.


























































Here are the misc. photos taken while waiting for the sun to set.



































No comments: