Saturday, August 7, 2021

Project 365 - August 7, 2021






Catching Up Again


I have been getting back into the swing of things. I have a more normal schedule at work. In person events are starting to pick up. But, COVID numbers have been growing at a scary rate. And although I have been fully vaccinated now for a few months, I started to wear a mask once again. 

Then, during a Zoom call on Wednesday, I received a call from Adina. I almost never hear from her during the day so I picked it up immediately. I am glad that I did. She informed me that she had been exposed to COVID on Saturday evening when she had her booth at FAT Village. 

Of course, since we live together, I could have been exposed as well. So I immediately packed up the contents of my desk and finished my Zoom call. I called my director who then called HR. 

Then I met Adina at a walk-in clinic and we got tested. It was fairly quick and painless and we stayed home until we received a call late Friday afternoon that we both tested negative. 

However, it completely changes your perspective about how vulnerable we really are. Even with the vaccination, we can still be infected and get sick, although not as sick, plus we can still transmit this virus. 

But, throughout the week I did manage to make a few images that I felt were worth posting. 








No comments: