Sunday, October 23, 2011

Photo of the Day - September 15, 2011

Lighthouse Art Center in Tequesta, FL

I was juried in to the Photo Now art show at the Lighthouse Art Center in Tequesta, FL.  This is the first time I have exhibited my art work outside of Broward County!

Joel and I drove up there -- little over an hour away -- after work.  It was so nice to see Bill Nix who works at the Palm Beach County Cultural Council.  He drove up just to support me!  

The biggest surprise was to see my former dance teacher!  Mr. Russell was my ballet teacher for years and years at the University Center for the Performing Art in Davie.  He wasn't there the entire time that I was (about 25 years) but he was there for the bulk of it and always encouraged me to keep going, even though I knew I was too old to do anything with the dancing except have a deep passion for it.  We talked for more than an hour catching up to date.

Then my friend, Greta, came to visit and after the art show we went out to eat with her.  We went to the coolest place that reminded me of Key West, but a quieter time in Key West history!  I had to take these sunset shots because it was a wonderful color palette.

My art show is now over and the art is back at home (sorry to say no sales yet).  But it was an exciting experience that I will continue to participate in.



No comments: