Sunday, October 9, 2011

Photo of the Day - October 6, 2011
Happy Birthday to Me

It's my birthday, AGAIN!  Yeah, I know it happens every year, same day!  But I just love my day.  I usually take the day off from work (I did) and do whatever I want (I did).

This year, I got up at 6 a.m. and was outside by 7:15 and did my almost 3 mile walk and run (really it is a jog).  Then made a bowl of steel cut oatmeal (yum) and then decided to go out to the pool.  I haven't treated myself to a day at the pool in a very, very long time.  I took my book with me (Unbroken, excellent true story if you were interested).

Later in the day, I decided to do my nails and dry my hair and then much later after Adina came home from school, we went out to dinner at the Old Florida Seafood House in Wilton Manors.  I was in the mood for a fish dinner!

Back at the house we had a HUGE homemade chocolate cake, with chocolate pudding frosting and more, very, very rich frosting with cream cheese in it on the top.  My presents were perfect this year . . . new running shorts, running socks, an iPad charger for my car, an auxillary cord for my car to listen to my music from either my iPad or my cell phone in the car and then new earphones that won't fall off while I am running!!

Thank you everyone for feeding my new passion for running!!!

No comments: