Sunday, July 11, 2010

Project 365 - July 8, 2010

Field Trip

So my colleague and I were confused about two galleries that had the same address. We wanted to know if it was the same owner or two different ones. So we went on a field trip.

The gallery is Gallery 721. It used to be located on Broward Blvd. and now it is off of Andrews on Progresso. It is actually two galleries but one building. The two are Purvis Young and Peter Max. There must be thousands of pieces of work in this building!

Vena and I had a ball wandering through the building and looking at all of these artworks. Some just lying on the floor. I loved the one photo of the cat, Breeze, sitting on Purvis' artwork because that is exactly how unassuming the artist was in life. He was a self-taught, street artist.

In fact, he lived at this studio until his death at 67.

Then Vena and I went over to The Wheeler Gallery at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale to see Stan Slutsky's artwork. I have known Stan since 1988 and he is quite a character and very talented. His works are based on geometry. The preciseness of his work really is incredible.

It was a nice break from our normal work and these are the photos that I took along the way.

1 comment:

Ira Cor said...

To glimpse what your eye sees, and continually watch your ability to capture those visions better, is a real treat.

Thank you for always sharing.