Sunday, July 25, 2010

Project 365 - July 12, 2010

The Starving Artists Competition and Exhibition

I entered four of my photographs into this annual competition called the Startving Artists Exhibition. The contest is presented by Kosh. She only goes by one name. She is amazing because she is working on a daily basis creating exhibitions and juried competitions for emerging and established local artists. Kosh has been encouraging me to enter some of these exhibitions.

Recently I exhibited at the Oakland Park Library and that was one of Kosh's exhibitions. This time I decided to go for this exhibition and see how it went.

Well, I actually won a ribbon! Okay, so it was 12th place, but it was a recognition for the work that I have been doing! It was a thrilling moment to hear my name called. I didn't expect it and I was busy munching on fruit dipped in melted chocolate, but thanks to Jeremiah, he grabbed the food from me and pushed me toward the podium to accept my ribbon and certificate!

These are some of the photos from that evening.

The show is still on exhibit at the Broward County Main Library in gallery six if you want to see it. It closes on Friday, July 30, 2010.



No comments: