Sunday, January 11, 2009

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - January 8, 2009

The day started out cool and when that happens . . . fog happens around here. So I jumped out of Robert's car to capture the fog the best way that I could. If Robert wasn't always in a hurry to get to work, I would have spent more time, but I snapped off a bunch and then got back into the car. These are the two that I love.




When I got to work, I decided to photograph my walk into work.



Since I am the first to arrive at 7:30 a.m. I get to open the doors. Sometimes it is a little creepy being in the building alone, but it is all locked up and the security guards are always looking out for us. We have more video cameras on our floor than any other because of the art gallery. In order to take this photo I way laying down flat on my back to get this perspective.

























Then I take out the easel with the bulletin board that announces upcoming happenings in our office and around the cultural community. After switching on the lamp near the two chairs, I turn on the stereo so that we can have soft jazz playing faintly in the background all day.



That is a photo of the front desk. Not really eventful, just a plain old desk but the first point of contact for anyone visiting our offices.



This is another view of the office as I walk in each morning. Look up at the top of the photo and you will see the framed covers of each Cultural Quarterly magazine that I have worked on. I started working on the magazine in 1988 and last year we stopped printing it, but it became an online magazine. I still have freelance writers and a graphic designer working on it, but it just isn't the same.



This is the view outside my office looking down the hallway towards our director's office. I am at one end and she is at the opposite end of the office. We are in the process of cleaning and archiving our old files. That is why you see all of the boxes lined up in the hallway. We are waiting for them to take them away . . . as soon as possible!



And the balanced of these photos are various views of my office. I love my office. It is my sanctuary. I try to keep it as neat and clean as I possibly can because nothing else in my life at home stays that way!!


No comments: