Sunday, January 18, 2009

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - January 11, 2009

Sunday morning at the park . . . the City of Lauderhill presented a Jazz Picnic in the Park complete with a jazz band and gorgeous sunny weather.

We began our day with canvas chairs and blankets and mimosas! Before long we had a large group of friends and colleagues gathered around. Lots of laughter and silliness too. I didn't post the mundane shots, those are on my Kodak site, these are the fun shots that I liked the best.

I also met three professional photographers and they insisted on having me take their photos as a group and then they made me get in the photo with them. If I ever get a copy of that photo, I will share here.

But for now, my favorites of the day.



In this photo Joel had grabbed our friend, Lynn's, reading glasses and was trying to make a fire on the newspaper. He had tested it on Robert's knee and Robert jumped up in pain! So it was working. But he lost interest in trying make fire.



This is my neighbor's daughter. She was in a hurry to get to the playground. She just looked like she was on a mission and had to get there and looked so grown up (she is only two!). I got down on my hands and knees to get this shot.



Now you can see the photographer if you peer into Rachel's sunglasses. Me with my Indiana State University hat to shield me from that really strong South Florida sun. Don't want to tempt the sun to ruin my skin.



And this is Rachel's comment on my using her as a subject. And also after she had a mimosa!

No comments: