Thursday, November 27, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - November 27, 2008

After a peaceful morning chat with Joel I went to the kitchen and made myself a pot of coffee and crawled back into bed for the Macy's Day Parade. . I wait for this moment for 365 days! Just as they cut the ribbon on the parade . . . the phone rings!

Ok, so it was Joel's brother and sister-in-law and we haven't talked in a very long time so we had a lot of catching up to do. I got to speak to my sweet nephews, Matthew, Kevin and Christopher and my niece Nicole. I couldn't talk to Alyssa or Brian, the twins, because they are only three months old!

Wow, six children. I can't imagine it. But there is so much love in that household! As we were talking we were sending each other photos on our Kodak websites. It was about 10:30 when we got off the phone . . . 90 minutes!!

So I will have to see the parade next year!



We had to get dressed at that point and get ready to deliver Thanksgiving dinners to the Lauderhill police department and the fire department. Joel has been cooking for three days and our house smells so wonderful. I snapped this photo of Newton right before we left the house. He looked so unbelievably cozy on Rachel's bed. I loved the combination of all of the colors and the morning sun streaming in. I could have curled up next to him and taken a nap.



I snapped this right before I walked out the front door. This was my sister's grandmother's Singer sewing machine. Long story short . . . my sister is really my step sister and unfortunately she passed away two years ago and I ended up with the sewing machine. I love it because it is antique and I grew up in a house full of antiques in New York.



This was only half of the food that we were loading into the car to take to the police and firemen (or firepeople?).



Joel is loading the food into Richard's car. I call it the Mid-Life Crisis Mobile because it is a convertible! Richard is the Mayor of Lauderhill and he paid for all of the food.



This is Rachel and Andrew helping to load the food. Andrew is Richard's son and is home from Michigan . . . freshman! Rachel and Andrew went to school together since Middle School and also Hebrew School. They are the same age but Andrew skipped a grade.
























Look at that sky . . . couldn't have asked for a prettier day, huh? Sort of a Miami Vice feel to it?



That is Richard with the staff of the police department. They were extremely appreciative of all this food!



I got to ride in the back of the Mid-Life Crisis Mobile! It was a blast and this was my view of the world. A perfect day.



Here we are at the Fire Dept. They had an amazing kitchen there! They couldn't wait to dig into the food!



After smelling all that food, WE were hungry so we went to this cute hamburger joint. They have tiny hamburgers, medium ones, double ones and giant ones. Then there are all sorts of toppings and the best fries. I figured I can cheat now and then. I am really not supposed to eat this stuff . . . cholesterol city!! Well we only live once so once in a blue moon I suppose it is okay.



Back at the house I settled into my favorite chair in front of the house with my computer. Rachel decided to take off and go for a bike ride (that is not something that she does often). So I decided to take a few photos of her riding off into the distance.
























I just loved the sharp shadows of the bicycle on the pavement so I turned this image into a grayscale and Photoshopped it a bit.


No comments: