Sunday, March 9, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - March 8, 2008

Day two of the Bat Mitzvah weekend started very slowly. I went into Rachel's room to wake her up. She was going to take Adina to Hebrew school and stay with her because they were making Hamantashen (baked pastries that are shaped into triangles and filled with jam). She was also going to get community service hours for volunteering. This way, Joel and I could continue to clean up the living room! But I had to grab my camera to catch the early morning light and the lazy teenager trying to catch the last moments of sleep while the cats were looking out the window for something interesting to meow at.



This was a sweet moment at the Bat Mitzvah where all Dads were asked to come to the dance floor and dance with their daughters. At the last second Rachel flashed a goofy smile, but I love it.



Wow, Rachel and Adina doing swing dancing!! My Mom would be proud.












Of course I didn't take this photo, but I wanted to upload it because I have so few of Joel and me together and here we are dancing to the music of "Grease Lightning!!"



Again, I obviously wasn't behind the camera here either, but I liked this photo of the Leshinsky women having a great time.



After the Bat Mitzvah we went home, took showers and changed our clothes and went down to a place called The Chocolate Moose where they feature different bands each night and serve snacks, wine and beer. There are tables and chairs and couches along the walls. It is a definite throw-back to the coffee houses of the 50s and 60s!! These are photos of my Rabbi who sings, records CDs and has his own web site called RadioYaakov (http://www.radioyaakov.com/)



No comments: