Monday, March 10, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - March 10, 2008

Thanks to Daylight Savings Time, the sun doesn't set now until about 7:30 p.m. Since I get home from work around 5:30 p.m. and the day was absolutely perfect, I decided to go for a walk. I tried to get Rachel to join me, but she was glued to her computer and refused to get up. Adina was doing homework, so I didn't ask because once you distract her, that is it.

So these are the photos from my trek around the neighborhood. I really took my time and looked closely at everything. This first photo is something that is about to bloom on a tree. Didn't know the type of tree, but I thought it had an interesting shape, almost like a pumpkin, but the outside was smooth and shiny and reflected the light nicely.


This flower is also on a tree. I decided to play around with flash fill. The effect to me looks like one of those photos that you see in a manual that tells you about how to use your flash! But since I love the color red, and this was a variation of red, I just liked it!


This old tree stump was placed in this location by someone. Certainly not by our association's maintenance folks, but probably by one of the residents. I liked the way the wood was dried out and craggy looking. There were even a few plants trying to grow in the wood, but I edited that out.



I call this photo, "Dogs will be dogs." My neighbor saw me with my camera and came out to say hello and so did his three miniature greyhounds. I love these dogs. They always greet me with such enthusiasm that it is a pleasure to stoop down and get a hello lick or two.



This is my neighbor, Ronnie, with the youngest of the three dogs, Screwball. The name fits her perfectly! Ronnie is a tough guy with a big heart. He loves his dogs and is never far from them. I really loved this photo. In fact, I loved it so much that I printed it out and brought it over to him so that he could have it. You can just see in his face how much he loves that dog.



This is Peanut and the oldest of the three. He is, unfortunately, legally blind, but close to home he can get around. It was really sad when Ronnie found out from the vet that there really wasn't anything that could be done. But Peanut is the most affectionate of the three dogs and always, always greets me first.



And here is Screwball again, being her silly self.



These two ducks were following me around the lake. I suppose they wanted me to feed them, but I didn't have anything. I was trying to be quiet and take photos of this really beautiful bird that was hiding in a bush. But these ducks made so much noise that the birds kept moving further and further away from me. I pleaded with them to be quiet, but I guess I just wasn't convincing enough!




This is the last photo that I snapped before I headed back home. I love flowers and the fact that they can bloom here all year round. A blessing since I remember those icy cold winters up north.

No comments: