Friday, March 14, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - March 14, 2008

Well, if you have been following my blog, you may have noticed that I skipped a day. Remember I was talking about sitting on pins and needles about Wicked? Well my friend came through at 5:05 pm and after dinner, Adina and I would head over to the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. This was Adina's dream! She absolutely adores the music of Wicked and begged to go.

So Robert and I met Joel at a restaurant with the girls. Their movie (Woodstock)started at 7 pm, so they left us and then when we were done, we went out to the car, I put my jacket in the back seat and slammed the door and low and behold I realized that my ring finger was now stuck in the door. I don't remember how I removed the finger but there was a flash of blinding pain and I didn't want to scare Adina so I held in the screams and explicatives and took a lot of deep breaths. Adina actually took charge, grabbed my other hand and pushed me back to the restaurant to get ice. She marched up to the bar and ordered them to give her a cup of ice for her mom. I really couldn't speak and I couldn't think.

Somehow I made it back to the car with my finger immersed in the ice. I was able to drive back over the bridge and into the parking garage and then walk to the theater. I am certifiably crazy because I knew how much the show meant to Adina. I sat through the entire show (which was delayed by 30 minutes due to technical issues) with my finger in the cup,shivering from either cold, pain, or shock (or all three!).

Needless to say, my sweet daughter apologized to me for making me sit there, but I know how much she loved the show and I loved watching her reactions to the show as she had the same "aha" moments that I had when I saw it for the first time.

I had to go to work on Thursday with almost no sleep because the pain kept me up most of the night. It also didn't help that both cats walked on my hand in the middle of the night. I had to go because we had a workshop and I had the equipment in my car. I set it all up and introduced the speakers then excused myself and left my staff in charge so I could go to the doctor.

My doctor took one look and sent me to get an x-ray. By the time I got home it was 1 pm, I curled up on the couch with a blanket and ice and slept until 4 pm. I slept better that night but never made it to work today because I had another doctor's appointment (unrelated) and then had to try to get to see a hand doctor because the x-ray showed that I had a fracture. I finally got home at 5 pm with Joel and these two photos of my poor swollen and discolored finger was all I could manage. It is really hard to type too, but somehow managing.

I will be okay, I guess I just don't deal with pain very well!!


Sue Pea said...

Ooh, baby! That looks painful!

Poor you!

I was wondering what was going on with no blog posts for a couple of days.

There is nothing they can do for a fracture? No splint or anything?


Jody Leshinsky said...

Yes, it hurts a lot. I am going to the doctor in the morning and to top that off I developed a bladder infection. So no photos on Sunday. I am just feeling rather miserable.

Greg said...

I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.