Sunday, October 16, 2022

Project 365 - October 16, 2022

A Visit to Morikami Museum


Today was the continuation of my birthday celebration. What started out as a one-day event has now turned into a month-long event!  I don’t mind at all, especially since I turned 65 this year. 

I feel like it is time to celebrate every day that I wake up feeling good. There has been too much sadness in my life over the past two and a half years. Now is the time for me. 

After a perfectly lovely lunch with my really good friend, I was driving home and suddenly decided that it was time to stop at the Morikami. This would be the first time since I finished my grief, journal writing program at the museum. It really helped me and since it was a beautiful and a bit less humid day, why not?

These are my images. As I was entering the nature trail there was a wedding party coming off of the path. They looked so joyful and I congratulated them. 

I spent about an hour and a half walking the trails, staring into the water at the fish and turtles and then going onto a very lonely path where the solitude was glorious and the scents of nature completely overwhelmed me.  At the end of the walk I was so relaxed that I could have taken a nap. But instead, I turned on yoga music in the car and drove home silently reflecting on my day. 

















No comments: