Saturday, June 5, 2021

Project 365 - June 5, 2021

One Day at a Time


It was my father's mantra.  No matter what day that I called my dad, and I called him almost daily over the past five years, he always ended the call with, "Jody, you can only take one day at a time." 

It has been 17 days since my father has crossed over to be with my mom, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. It was a complicated relationship that started when I was about 5 when my mom was raising me as a single, widowed mom. There were days that I disagreed with him, but, he adopted me, and he was my dad. And, this loss does affect me.

This has been a difficult year. But somehow, I have gotten through it with the assistance and support of my daughters, my friends, and other family members. The support net is wide. But the struggle is a daily one that only the person going through the grief can fully understand.  It is definitely a process and it is one that is completely individual with its own timeline.

So today, as I was walking my two-mile trek around the community, I listened to a podcast, texted my friend Greg (who is away for another two weeks and is my walking buddy), and made these photos. 

As I said yesterday, nature is the best medicine.  I can't say that enough.  And, as my dad would tell me daily, One Day at a Time!




No comments: