Sunday, May 2, 2021

Project 365 - May 1, 2021

Sensory Overload


Continuing my morning walks without my friend, Greg, provides me with the time to be introspective and become more aware of how nature affects the senses. 

This morning I had to talk myself into getting out of bed at 6:30 am, but I was glad that I did. 

The view of the lake was peaceful as I honed in on the sounds of the birds that are nesting in the trees along the perimeter. The turtles poked their noses out of the water which created a pattern of dots along the calm water and then created a ripple effect when they swooped under to hide because of my movements. 

I didn’t even mind when I walked through several spiderwebs that I had to them brush off of my arms and forehead. 

Along the road I watched as the sun began to creep up slowly methodically creating a warm and painterly wash that looked like a watercolor canvas. 

On my way back home, I gazed up at the delicate pink blossoms that only last a few days and then fall to the ground to create a carpet of petals as though a wedding ceremony has just taken place and the guests have long gone to celebrate. 

And then there are the scents.  Some sweet and others pungent, but not bad. 

Although the walk ends, I continue enjoying this weather as I bring my breakfast out to the back patio. I will sit here until I feel the need to do something on my “To Do” list. But not quite yet!







No comments: