Sunday, February 17, 2013

Photo of the Day - February 10, 2013

Sunday Picnic in the Park


The outdoor concert season is underway.  Many of the Broward cities has them.  But one of my favorites is the one I can pretty much walk to, the Sunday Picnic in the Park at Ilene Lieberman Botanical Gardens on Inverrary Blvd.

This is the fifth season that my friend, Richard Kaplan, the Mayor of the City of Lauderhill, has presented for the residents.

We gladly roll out of bed, pack a cooler with goodies and one of use brings orange juices and another the champagne for our mimosas.  Someone, or sometimes, all of us bring wine!  It is a very happy way to spend our Sundays.  I know that I was going to miss the next one, and it was a big one and it was at night and it was a Beatlemania type of group.  But Joel and I needed a weekend away.  But these are the photos from last week.












No comments: