Monday, May 2, 2011

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - April 11, 2011

A Walk in the Neighborhood

I am just playing catch up.  I have had the camera in my hands but I haven't uploaded anything recently.  Today I was a little under the weather, nothing serious, but enough to keep me in bed most of the day.  So tonight I decided to work on my editing and uploading.

This particular day, I came home and was so excited that the sun was still up and it was not too hot out, that I grabbed my camera and walked around the complex looking for whatever caught my attention.

The first photo was just a nice long shadow that I liked.  I decided to change the image into black and white to work my magic on the contrasts and exposure.


This second photo is of a street lamp that is completely covered in spiderwebs and leaves and bugs.  I loved the contrast with the deep blue sky and somehow the image looks like it came out of a Hitchcock film!


These two kids were riding back and forth on the main street while I was walking around.  They must have passed me at least ten times, so I finally decided to take a few shots of them and of course, the hams that they were, they started waving at me!  They live down the block from us and I see them everyday.


I liked this one because you can see the muscles bulging on this guy's arm and I followed him with my camera to blur the background.  One of the techniques that I learned in my first class with Jeremiah!


And I loved the colors and textures on this rusty chain.  I wanted a very shallow depth of field to make the photo more interesting.


This tree is not far from my house.  I felt like the leaves were a canopy, yet felt like lacy against the sky.  I like the image better in black and white than in color. 

No comments: