Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Project 365 - May 11, 2010

I'm Back

Today I hung my photos at the Sailboat Bend Artist Lofts gallery (with the help of Jose of course!). The opening night for "The Right Moment" is Saturday night. When I stepped back and looked at my photos, my hard work of shooting, crawling around, waiting for the right time to snap the shutter, endless nights of editing . . . . well, I couldn't really believe my eyes. There is was in front of me. Art! And I had done it. It was a great accomplishment.

What is even more exciting is that on the opposite wall across the room are my teacher's photos!! To have been invited to exhibit is one thing, but to be exhibiting with my teacher . . . well that is a privilege!

I got home a little earlier than I have been lately. I have been working hard, and long hours. I lot of events, night meetings. So to be home and have eaten dinner before 8 p.m. was special. So off I went with my camera.

To be honest, I wasn't very inspired by much of anything. But these are the results of what I shot.





I just wanted to show off the landscaping around our house. It is looking pretty spiffy!




This last photo is the end result of my daughter, Adina, and her artwork. She did this in about two hours (after she finished her homework!). It was all done with charcoal. I am amazed at her talent. She just keeps getting better.

No comments: