Saturday, September 5, 2009

Project 365 - August 9, 2009

The Last Hurrah!

The summer went by quickly and before Rachel left for college I wanted to take her to Key West. She had never been there and I haven't been there since 1990 when I met my friend, Cheryl, there and we rode scooters around and had dinner with Wayne Newton at the wrap party for the film, "License to Kill."

So off we went on a Sunday morning. Rachel insisted on driving the entire way and I entertained her, talked her ear off, sang songs from the Sirius radio and snapped photos along the way (not my best).

We ended up staying in a beautiful bed and breakfast (which I highly recommend -- The Popular House), rented bicycles to cruise around the island and did all the touristy stuff (in one day may I add!!!).

These were some of my favorite shots from the first day.














The beaches in Lauderdale are far better, but nonetheless, we went to the beach (forgot our sunscreen and got very sunburned). Rachel was so angry with me because she wanted to snorkel and I was a chicken. She wouldn't go without me and I couldn't bring myself to do it. I am very afraid of the ocean. My feet HAVE to touch the ground. These two chairs just said laid back island style to me!














Okay, doing the silly tourist stuff here!!! Posing with the sculptures near Mallory Square! I had to convince Rachel to do this, but then she laughed when she saw this.














Just a nice peaceful moment. We decided to skip the tourist sunset at Mallory Square the first night. Way too many tourists.

No comments: