Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - February 5, 2008



Today is first day back at work. How do I feel? Well, much better than sitting in my bed with fever. But not great yet. So I decided to take my camera to work and document tidbits of my day. This is the trolley that I ride to work. It is only five minutes from my house. It is a pleasure to sit on the wooden benches read a novel, do a crossword puzzle or chat with someone. It feels like I am on vacation everyday. And I don't have to deal with the traffic or the overcrowded parking lots or walk two blocks to my office in heels in wild weather! This is door to door service!


The trolley driver thought that I was going to ask him for his autograph! He was teasing me on the way home! We have two different drivers and they get to know us. It is like one big family. The same people ride the trolley everyday. If I skip the trolley they all worry and ask me where I was! Sometimes I get a call to see if I am just late!



I just liked the colors in the early morning sky and they went perfectly with the Miami road sign! By the way, the trolley leaves at 7:20 am so I am usually there by 7:10 am.



This is my desk. I have photos of me with different staff members over the years. I can also look down and see my hair morph from year to year. I don't really have a favorite look, I tend to like them all except for the years that I was growing it out from one look to another!



This is where I spend 80 percent of my day . . . at my computer. I surround myself with photos of my family and art.



I still have the Beatles in me as you can see from my file cabinet! This is where I also keep my daughters' art projects and an ad for Depends because the man in the photo is my friend!! He keeps begging me to take it down and I won't.



This view point is what I see as I prepare to proof read . . . and I do ALOT of proof reading . . .hence the red felt tipped pen and my Swap Shop reading glasses.



And finally . . . This is the view that I see as I am sitting at my computer. Not a terrible site considering it is the beginning of February and I wore a thin black tee shirt and cotton pants to work today and it was really hot when I went home at 4:30 pm.

No comments: