Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - February 19, 2008



This is a photo of an artwork that is currently in progress at the Coral Springs Museum of Art. The artist names are Peter King and Xinia Marin. They are artists in residence at the museum and are working outside in a makeshift tented area. As they complete the sections of the artwork they lay it out in the museum and then cut it into pieces so that they can put them into the kiln. Once the pieces are fired they are finished and then they will put it all together. They are making an entryway arch called "Gateway to Peace." The project is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts and some local funding.




This is a detail of the archway.







I loved the way the moon looked as it was peeking over the trees. I was driving home from the museum and snapping photos as I stopped at red lights. Some people were watching me, but I didn't care!

No comments: