Saturday, July 5, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - June 27, 2008

I am uploading out of order so bear with me.

On June 27, which was a Friday, two of my employees dragged me away from my computer screen, away from my budget documents (which were due by the end of the day to our Budget office) and made me go to lunch at Offerdahl's. Yeah, it is owned by the former Miami Dolphin, John Offerdahl.

I keep the small Nikon pocket-sized camera in my purse and along the way I found some interesting items and scenes to shoot.



This first photo I call "Leftovers." For some unknown reason someone left Costco brand packaged food on the ledge inside of the parking garage. We were trying to figure out if they decided to leave it there because it went bad in their car or if they set it on the ledge while they were putting money into the parking meter and then forgot to take it with them. In any case, it was just a bizarre site to see!



I took this photo from the parking garage because I liked the view of the building. In addition, you can see the windows to my office. I am all the way on the right side of the building, on the sixth floor. The building is eight stories high so count three down from the top floor and that is my office space. I have a corner office so I have two sets of ceiling to floor windows which I absolutely love! The windows face east (so I get the morning sun) and north (I can see north west and see if it is raining over Lauderhill!!)
























I was on the roof of the parking garage and loved this view of second street. It looks so urban! I remember when downtown Fort Lauderdale was just a small town. It is nice to see this development. This is the beginning of the Arts and Entertainment District. It is unique because it is completely walkable, has the Museum of Art, the Fort Lauderdale Historical Society and Museusm, the Museum of Discovery and Science AND the Broward Center for the Performing Arts on this one street. Not to mention all of the restaurants and bars which make it a fun mixture!
























I liked the way you look into the "bowels" of the parking garage. I had the feeling of when you have two mirrors facing each other and you keep seeing the same image into infinity.



And this was just a fun photo of a smart car that was pulling out of the parking garage as we were crossing the street to get to the restaurant. You don't see many of these cars in America, mostly in Europe. It reminded me of the cars that they use in the circus when clowns keep coming out, and coming out, and coming out.

No comments: