Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - July 7, 2008

We don't normally go out during the week, but it IS summer and there is no school and no homework. I had planned on going to the gym, but "best laid plans. . . "

So we went down to Hollywood to check out a restaurant for Adina's Bat Mitzvah. Well, needless to say, it was a nice idea, but there would be no way to hold it there. We ate dinner and then convinced Joel to walk a little bit down Hollywood Blvd. to the ArtsPark in the circle (we have lots of public artwork there and we are involved in building a multi-purpose building there for cultural arts events -- matched by the city of Hollywood's dollars). So, I always like to see how the park is doing.



This shot made me giggle. It looked like the three of them were hand in hand, when in reality they weren't! Adina and I were close behind.











This store was tailor-made for Adina. She is such a peace child, a flower child, a free spirit. She didn't want to pose for me until I threatened her with bodily harm and then she got into the spirit!!



This is the fountain that one of our public artists, Ritzuko Taho from Japan, designed and the flow of the water matches the biorhythm of the Baobob tree in the park. JOel was just resting for a moment and I caught him between the jets of the water.



Robert, Adina and I had taken a walk over to the visual arts building where there is an exhibit of Purvis Young's artwork. On the way back we found Rachel and Joel deep into their technology, but engrossed in a conversation with each other.



On the way back to the car, Adina jumped up onto the fountain. I liked the colors of the sunset and the glow of the lights of the fountain and I was wishing that I had my other camera with me, but it is nice to carry the pocket camera around.



On the way home we stopped for ice cream. Joel and Robert shared a rootbeer float that was tremendous. It was served in this pitcher. I thought they looked like a couple and made them pose for this. We had a good laugh. By the way, we were at Jaxon's. It has been there for years and years and even though it is really expensive, it is a fun place to for a treat because it is like you step back into time for a little while.

No comments: