Saturday, July 5, 2008

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!!

I spent most of the day cleaning and cleaning. I started in the kitchen, worked my way through the living room and dining room, did the bathrooms and finished in my bedroom. I really did a great job if I must say!! It included sweeping and mopping of floors and vacuuming in corners that haven't been touched in a long time! I did, however, avoid the girls' rooms. They are on their own there. I just can't do that anymore. Not because I can't, but because I refuse. Everytime I help them clean their rooms, two days later it looks like it did before I helped. So if they want clean rooms, they are old enough to do it themselves. I also did several loads of laundry.

I was done by 3 p.m. and then I sat down at my computer because it was a really rainy day and I wanted to catch up on email and photos.

After dinner we headed over to the newest county park which happens to be located in Lauderhill. They were having a cricket match followed by fireworks. Well, the cricket match was cancelled due to the rain and lightning, but by 9:15 p.m. the fireworks went off! We knew so many people there so it made the time pass while we waited for the rain to ease up, and it was fun chatting with them.



This is a photo of Mahammad Qureshi or MAQ as his friends call him. He owns a very large real estate corporation and brings the cricket teams to south Florida. He stopped for a moment to pose with the girls.



Mr. L is showing his support for Lauderhill (see the water bottle) and also he is wearing his special shirt for Adina's orthodontist. They have this policy that if you wear your shirt each time you come for your appointment, you get a discount on the doctor's appointment charges!



So, what do teenagers do when they are bored? Text, text, text! Do you think that they were texting each other? I wouldn't put it past them!



These are the various shots that I took of the fireworks. I had my tripod and I played with the settings. I wasn't 100 percent happy with the shots, but I had fun and then I used Photoshop to fix them up a bit. I welcome suggestions on how to get rid of the smoky haze behind the fireworks and still have a long enough exposure to get the light trail.





No comments: