Saturday, January 31, 2009

Project 365 - Photo of the Day - January 20, 2009

The most significant day for me all year was today. I waited a very long eight years for this day. I was very distracted. I couldn't pay attention to work. I was on CNN with Facebook. It was amazing to see all the comments in real time. The comments were just blazing a trail. I felt very connected even though I was sitting at my desk.



But later some of the staff went down to the auditorium to watch the inauguration on the large screen. These are the images that I snapped while sitting in the auditorium. It was an amazing experience. We were all clapping at the screen, cheering when the president and vice president were sworn in and standing and singing the national anthem in unison. It was one of those moments that I will not forget for a very long time . . . if ever.









The very last photograph was on the web. I cropped it so that you only see the hands on Lincoln bible. I find this image extremely powerful. It isn't my photo, but I wanted to share.

No comments: